News from Rehoboth Beach Main Street
This column highlights the work of the RBMS Executive Director, Dan Slagle, the RBMS Board, and the five committees, focusing on the behind-the-scenes work of the staff and volunteers, as well as the activities that are planned and carried out. For information about Dan, the RBMS Board, and the committees, go to About RBMS | Rehoboth Beach Main Street (downtownrb.com).
Recent Activities of RBMS
· Dan Slagle, Executive Director, has been busy visiting many new member businesses and those that have renewed for 2022, as well as the 16 restaurants participating in the April 30 Gumbo Crawl. Dan is also happy to report that RBMS received over $800 in donations from the Do More 24 Delaware fundraising event.
· The Design Committee and Rehoboth in Bloom continued planning for the Oldies Dance, a fundraiser scheduled for April 29. Committee members began planning for the Cottage and Town Awards’ kickoff event on May 7. Two Sign and Awning Grants have been awarded, and two more are available.
· The Organization Committee is continuing the development of the RBMS Membership Database and Membership Ambassador Program and is seeking volunteers to assist the Committee members by serving as Ambassadors to member businesses. A Subcommittee for Fundraising Coordination was created, which will develop a multi-year plan focusing on membership and sustainable fundraising. The Organization Committee also established a Financial Statement Review Subcommittee to establish processes and procedures for oversight and review of RBMS financial statements and audit.
· The Promotions Committee has been busy developing plans and marketing materials for several upcoming RBMS events, including the Gumbo Crawl, Fashion Show, and Chocolate Crawl.
· The Communications Committee continued development of newsletter and social media content. Website revisions have begun. Committee members reviewed the Member Benefits plan to ensure that we are appropriately providing the business member social media and newsletter promotions for each level of membership during 2022.
· The Economic Vitality Committee is planning visits to member businesses during 2022. The Committee is also working on a project that may use Parkmobile data for geotargetting promotions based on state license plate information. Committee members discussed the RBMS Speakers Bureau and began preparing the schedule of events—more news to follow! Plans are also underway for the RBMS Meet and Greet Mixers for downtown businesses—more news to follow on these events, as well!