We're Hiring for a Part-Time Coordinator!
• Duties, Compensation and Supervision. The position is a part-time position of 12-15 hours weekly on the average, 3-4 days weekly. The position is being advertised at $12-$15 per hour. Some part of the duties may be teleworking but at least initially, the work will be at our office at 509 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971. The employee will have a separate workspace within the office with door and window which should allow adequate protection from COVID. Within the office environment we practice distancing and wear masks. The position is supervised by our Executive Director. Interaction with members of the Board of Directors is likely.
• Skills and proficiencies. The employee must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). The ideal employee will have a demonstrated ability to organize office tasks and schedules and work well in a public setting. The ability to work effectively in a team setting is essential. Familiarity with not-for-profit businesses is a plus.
• Provides coordination support for the operation of five Main Street program committees and their volunteers. Duties include scheduling Zoom meetings, conference calls or in-person meetings that for the moment, because of COVID will be held adjacent to the office at the Grove Park pavilion. Duties also include collation and distribution of meeting materials to the committees and transmitting notifications of meetings to committee members and maintaining records (digitally) of committee activities for the Board. The five committees are Design, Economic Vitalization, Organization, Promotion and Communication.
• Establishes and maintains a successful relationship with media. The employee will work with the Executive Director and Chair of the Communications Committee to create press releases and other information materials. The incumbent will be responsible for scheduling appointments for in-person/Zoom interviews. The employee will also be responsible for updating the RBMS calendar. The employee will also monitor social media and RBMS website queries and volume and will assist the Executive Director in preparation and transmittal of Constant Contact blast-email promotions for events, campaigns, and member information.
• Assists business and property owners with any questions or concerns. The employee will answer calls and greet the occasional visitor to the office. He/she will take messages for the Executive Director including date, time, reason for the call. The employee may also be required to provide/ distribute RBMS information materials to members, prospective members and the public.
• The employee may on occasion be asked to represent Main Street at local, state and National Main Street events. The employee will be responsible for managing the RBMS calendar ensuring that any webinars, events, city meetings, and conferences are logged on the calendar in a timely way.
• Manages correspondence for Rehoboth Beach Main Street. The employee will be responsible for sending acknowledgement/ recognition letters regarding membership, sponsorship, in-kind, and monetary contributions on the behalf of Rehoboth Beach Main Street organization and its committees. This correspondence is of highest importance because it provides certification of tax-deductible donations. The employee will also work with the Executive Director and committee chairs to develop lists of sponsors with contact information, and in-kind or monetary contributions amounts, for thank you letters.
• Scan and archive newspaper articles on RBMS and its members and activities. The employee will create an archive database for our current paper copies of news stories as well as consistently update the database with new information. This will also require creating an indexing system for the collection that may be easily searched or updated by volunteer/staff.
• Maintain current member database. The employee will maintain a spreadsheet current list of members at all levels of membership (with location, contact information, etc.) Member businesses will be identified by business sector such as, restaurants, hotels, clothing boutiques, retail, realtors, outdoor eateries, food/carryout, amusements, galleries/antiques.
• Create & maintain a monthly inventory of vacant downtown commercial properties. The employee will use the internet and a monthly walk/ drive around to identify vacant commercial properties. The information will be used to update our list of available commercial properties with location, total sq. footage, lease cost per sq. ft and contact information of property owner or leasing agent.
• Contact businesses that are not current RBMS members. The employee will create a regular schedule to contact non-member businesses in Rehoboth Beach and email them RBMS Job description for part-time program coordinator 3 materials about RBMS and our mission and events. The employee will also solicit a meeting opportunity with the Executive Director and schedule the meetings.
• Maintain office supplies. The employee will inventory and maintain office supplies using an inventory form.
• Support for office management. The employee will provide filing, scanning, cataloguing and information search support for office operations such as bookkeeping and accounts receivable, working with the RBMS Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer.
• Other duties as assigned. The employee may also support other marketing and promotion activities, as well as the operation of the RBMS Board as directed by the Executive Director. RBMS Job description for part-time program coordinator.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES PLEASE SEND COVER LETTER & RESUME TO DAN@DOWNTOWNRB.COM. ACCEPTANCE OF APPLICATIONS WILL CLOSE ON APRIL 24, 2021.